Cognitive stimulation games for children help development and improve cognitive functions. Lately we are seeing a boom in the use of these games.
With technology they have become very popular for their versatility and usability. Tablets and mobiles have become the ideal support to play and learn with these games.
WHAT IS COGNITIVE STIMULATION?
It is the name given to all the actions that allow the development, stimulation and improvement of the cognitive functions of children.
The most important ones are:
- Executive functions (flexibility, planning, seriation, response inhibition, working memory, and organization)
Benefits of cognitive stimulation in children
Brain games are a great way to help children in their development. When we are children our brain develops and grows rapidly and the younger we are, the better we learn certain things than when we are adults. These Brain training or mental training activities help strengthen certain skills.
- Valid for any age: These types of tasks or games are valid for any age. Even in the elderly to prevent cognitive decline.
- Enhance reasoning and problem solving.
- Train memory.
- Help improve concentration and pattern recognition, as well as spatial orientation.
- Improve visual perception.
- Improve the reaction time or the speed in giving an answer.
- Contribute to learning: learning is always easier if it is fun and brain games do not seem like a learning task. Sometimes they don’t realize they are learning. While they are playing, they maintain a good level of concentration, attention and memory.
- Help stimulate language: expanding vocabulary, and promoting expressive language and reading comprehension.
- Increase creativity: the child starts his thinking without finding any limits. This allows the child to give wings to his imagination and his thinking to explore new and creative thoughts to express ideas.
- Improve self-esteem: Thanks to these cognitive stimulation activities, children are achieving goals and are increasingly capable of solving challenges and situations in their daily lives.
Use of technology in cognitive stimulation games in children
In Kokoro Kids app you can find games that stimulate each of these skills.
We talk about stimulation, because we help to exercise these skills while these skills are appearing in the evolutionary moment of the child at an early age, and we do it in a fun way so that the little ones can enjoy it in short periods of time (recommendation of no more than 15 minutes daily)
These games can be played digitally and manipulatively (with board games or with games we make up while exploring nature). The format in which they are displayed is just a medium. Technology just provides us with a more comfortable and easier way for children to use it at certain times when we can’t otherwise.
6 cognitive stimulation games
Based on this data that we have given you before, you can find multiple game options that you surely know. Here we attach an example of the most significant games in each category of games. I hope you like it.
- Association: They promote reasoning, logic and memory. They consist of the association of images, words, colors, etc. A good example is this game of logical association of objects in pairs.
In Kokoro you can find games like:
- Relate the animal to its food.
- Match the shapes.
- Match Letters Case.
- Mach the amount of animales with numbers.
- Language stimulation: They are an aid for teaching, reading and writing. They promote memory, attention and language.
We offer you the following games within this category to stimulate language and vocabulary:
- Clothing vocabulary.
- Animal names.
- Food names.
- Shapes vocabulary.
- Find the differences, the hiding place: Promotes concentration, attention and observation. It consists of looking for differences that exist when we compare two images.
In kokoro you can find this game that trains visual discrimination, perception and attention:
- Find differences.
- The game of hide and seek.
- Search in a drawing with the flashlight.
- Reasoning and Logic: Puzzles, Car Jam, Simon
- Memory: Hide and seek, memory card game,
- Spatial orientation with labyrinths: Puzzles and Tangrams.